Saturday, May 2, 2009

Thanks Starbucks


I went into Starbucks a few days ago and the barista asked me if I would like to buy a pound of coffee for a U.S. service member in Iraq. Starbucks would ship it over at no extra charge.

“Yeah, I would!”

“Would you like to write on the package?”

“Absolutely!”

How cool is that of Starbucks?!

What a great opportunity to show gratitude to our troops.

Thanks Starbucks!

By the way, have you tried Starbucks oatmeal with the nuts, dried fruit, and brown sugar?

Surprisingly tasty.

That, with a tall Latte for under $4.

(A simple pleasure, especially on those days when I forget to make time to eat.)

Slllllluuuurrrp…aaaah! “)


9 comments:

Mrs. M said...

What a great idea!

April said...

Such a great thing to do to say "thanks" for defending our freedom!

Rachel said...

See, you knew there was something good out of Seattle, right? :)

I've become a coffee drinker since Mr. Daddy - and I love just going in there and breathing in the coffee!

What a great idea for Starbucks - way cool way to thank our servicemembers!

And perfect way to end the post :)

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

It is such a great thing that Starbucks does. We heart Starbucks...Have a great day.

Mr. Daddy said...

Starbucks: Probably my one concession to a more sophisticated and genteeeeeel atmosphere,,,,LOL
Usually its: Hey Bubba, pass the grits....

gr8 post.....

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Yes~! I have done that too! Isn't that great! And just one question...have YOU turned into the SLURPER?????

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

That is way cool. I wonder why nobody in my Starbucks has asked me? I'll ask THEM next time I go by.

Beth E. said...

I live about 45 min. away from the nearest Starbucks *sigh*, but I think that's such a great idea!

Brooke said...

LOL I have worked at starbucks for over 5 years now. It is such a great company. Some people have an issue with the big bad company thing but really the company as a whole does such great stuff not only in the community but all over the world. Did you know that they pay over fair market price for all of the coffee and make sure that all of the farmers have health insurance!!

I personally also love the oatmeal :)