Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Since I whined in my last post...

I thought I'd lighten up and re-run of one of my favorite posts

"I never give advice but..."

Ladies, please hear this… avoid tummy tattoos before your child bearing years!

Years of experience in L&D have taught me that...



delicate rings of tiny flowers become…


Christmas wreaths!


tiny fluttering butterflies become…


hawks!


a simple little name becomes…


a billboard!


I think the look on her face says it all …


“My tats are going to be destroyed by this pregnancy!”


P.S. That tattoo of the little man mowing your... ehem... hair is funny, but you may find it a bit embarrassing when you go to have your baby!

P.P.S. I may be missing my target audience with this post ")

P.P.P.S. I actually have seen some amazing works of art, as I see a lot of "canvas" in my work ")


14 comments:

Foursons said...

Haha- that is so funny and is also one of the reasons that I don't have a single tattoo on my body.

Anonymous said...

Part of me wishes that you could take and post cellphone pictures of the carnage. Another part of me is quite grateful that you can't. I imagine there are days that you can't wait to get home to find a good mental eraser and eyeball scrubber!

Kelley said...

you are too funny!

Unknown said...

Oh this was too funny not to share!

Jen said...

Oh the tattoo advice, I could give. In fact, I think that I just might.

Mrs. M said...

No stomach tats ever!! And the lawnmower one....just wonder how people come up with these ideas. :)

April said...

Oh, my word, Julie...I bet you've seen in ALL! As for me...I'll pass on the tats!

Rachel said...

You crack me up!

Anytime I'm tempted to get some ink, I imagine myself as an 90-year-old woman in a nursing home with CNA's gathered around trying to figure out what something used to be... Works Every Time! hee hee!

Helene said...

Eeeeeewww, about the lawn mower one. That's just wrong on so many levels!!!

Unknown said...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I keep threatening to get a rose on one of my *ahem* ladies, so that when I'm really old it will be long-stemmed.

The sad thing is - it could easily be long-stemmed now.

Ca88andra said...

I haven't been game enough to get a tattoo yet, but I'm well past my child bearing days, so I guess its alright now!

Beth E. said...

Wow...thanks for the visuals! lol

Naomi said...

HA!! So so true!

He & Me + 3 said...

You are too funny and I am sure you have seen it all in your line of work. LOL Funny stuff.